Individuals that work in the daycare / childcare industry in Kelowna and are required two-day childcare first aid certification can enroll in standard childcare first aid. This two day course comes included with CPR level “B” and automated external defibrillator training. Participants that successfully complete this course will receive a workplace approved standard childcare first aid, CPR level “B” and AED certificate that is valid for 3 years. To register for a course scroll to the bottom of this page to view available course date’s, times and locations.
This course includes training and certification in CPR level “B” which teaches participants rescue techniques for child and infant victims.
The cost of this course is 128.99. Course fee includes workplace approved take-home training manual, certification fees and all applicable taxes.
Participants enrolled in this course will learn about the following topics
- Preparing to respond to emergencies
- The EMS system / How and when to contact 9-1-1
- Workplace approved rescue system
- Airway, Breathing, Circulation and Respiratory Emergencies
- Skeletal emergencies including the head and spine
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Wound care including deadly bleeding
- Sudden medical and environmental emergencies
- Keeping children safe (includes components such as shaking baby syndrome)
To register for this course scroll to the bottom of the page to view all available course dates, times and locations. You can also register by contacting us via telephone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants that successfully complete the course will receive a workplace approved certificate that is valid for 3 years.
We offer private standard childcare first aid courses to groups of any size. Please contact us using our contact form, via email at email@example.com or telephone to get a quote or book a class.
Refunds and Transfers
Refunds are not accepted within 72 hours of the course. Transfers are charged $25.00 if requested within 72 hours of the course. Prior to 72 hours participants may contact us and receive a full refund or transfer to another course.
- 100% attendance is required to complete the course. Participants must also complete all skill objectives and a multiple choice test with a minimum score of 75% to pass.
- Please bring comfortable clothes
- We provide a fridge and microwave for your convenience